There has been an increase in burglaries and theft from motor vehicles in the Ellis county areas surrounding Maypearl. Here are a few tips you can use to help make sure your vehicle isn’t a target.
- Never leave a vehicle unattended while it is running, or with the keys in the ignition.
- If you travel as part of your job or are required to be out late at night, carry a cell phone so you can call for help.
- Do not leave valuables, such as purses, CD’s, sports equipment, and briefcases, in plain view inside of your vehicle. Place those items under a seat or in the trunk, or take them inside.
- Don’t leave your garage door opener inside of your vehicle if it is parked outside of your house at night.
- Keep your vehicle in good working order.
- If possible, keep windows up and doors locked while driving.